Sunday, February 10

.....?

2ww
d8p3dt (Day 8 post 3-day transfer)

Three full days left till I have to do IT. Now I am just obsessing because I don't feel anything. Not an ounce of any nausea. I lay on my bed on my stomach last night misinterpreting a bit of indigestion for nausea, but that has been it. Nothing else.

My 'love, hope, courage' ring is permanently pointing itself to 'courage'. Why? Will I be needing 'courage' soon? Have my 3 transferred embryo's each split, and am I now expecting sextuplets. Oi, what a thought! No, I don't think it is anything as ambitious as that. Maybe I need courage for 'Plan B'. Removal of tubes? Dunno.

HYDROSALPINX INFORMATION


"Q: In which cases does removal of the fallopian tubes improve the outcome?
A: In recent years, impressive evidence has shown that hydrosalpinx (swollen fallopian tubes, filled with fluid) can reduce chances of implantation. It seems that the reason for this is that the fluid in the fallopian tubes contains inflammatory products that leak into the abdominal cavity and damage the embryo trying to implant itself in the endometrium. In cases of recurrent failure of IVF therapy, the condition of the fallopian tubes should always be assessed using a hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound scan. If the state of the fallopian tubes is very poorly, and might affect the implantation of the embryos, the benefit of their removal should be considered. The removal of oneor both fallopian tubes is performed by laparoscopy, where a laparoscope (a fine telescope) is inserted through an umbilical incision."