Tuesday, February 5

Jihadi's and sombre thoughts

I was a bit apprehensive about coming to stay at my in-laws, I am the kind of person who really likes my space, but I think I might just be getting used to this life of pampering. I almost feel like I am on holiday a bit. No dishes, no cooking, no cleaning, no washing, no folding, no floors, no bathing and no feeding. The hardest part of my day is deciding what I will eat next. This is Mauritius all over again! I am really honoured to have married into this wonderful, caring, and warm family. Nothing is too much trouble for them, all they want to do is help me.

Today so far I have Blooged-about and read. I am reading 'The Red Tent' by Anita Diamant, I started it a while back and then life caught up with me, but now I have unadulterated t.i.m.e on my hands, next book in line is 'The Book Thief'.

Yesterday two suicide bombers made their way into the city centre of Dimona in Israel and tried to blow themselves up, one succeeded, killing one Israeli woman, and the other was intercepted by a policeman. The footage on tv was real-life, in- your-face death, the second unsuccessful bomber lay on the ground wounded, trying repeatedly to reach inside his clothes to pull the trigger to blow himself up, he was shot dead by a policeman, before he could finish his little Jihadi-mission. Real life in Israel.

My heart goes out today for a devastated family who lost their triplet girls this past Saturday. You can contact them directly to offer your support or to read their story: http://maryellenandsteve.wordpress.com/

My world today seems to be filled with sad news, sad thoughts. Sadness about more horrific senseless murderous stories from South Africa. Sadness for a once beautiful country that had everything going for it, all the prospects of a bright and shiny future gone.

HYDROSALPINX INFORMATION


"Q: In which cases does removal of the fallopian tubes improve the outcome?
A: In recent years, impressive evidence has shown that hydrosalpinx (swollen fallopian tubes, filled with fluid) can reduce chances of implantation. It seems that the reason for this is that the fluid in the fallopian tubes contains inflammatory products that leak into the abdominal cavity and damage the embryo trying to implant itself in the endometrium. In cases of recurrent failure of IVF therapy, the condition of the fallopian tubes should always be assessed using a hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound scan. If the state of the fallopian tubes is very poorly, and might affect the implantation of the embryos, the benefit of their removal should be considered. The removal of oneor both fallopian tubes is performed by laparoscopy, where a laparoscope (a fine telescope) is inserted through an umbilical incision."