Sunday, December 2

3 buns-in-the-oven

They are in, safe and sound!!

Profman said that out of the five, three were of a better quality (2 being 8 cells, and one being too many to count). Regarding the two remainders, we will only know tommorrow if they are of 'freezing quality'. I have decided that I am not going to focus on the frozen ones, only on the ones that are acctually in, and hopefully implanting themselves as I write. I am just sending loads of positive vibes and thoughts, my friend the accupuncturist gave me a whole lot of tips, like cutting down on cellphone use, wireless internet, sleeping in a dark room, drinking some strangely-named tea, avoiding chemicals like cleaners etc.

My Mom came with me and as usual we just giggled and laughed non-stop like silly school girls, what is it with us and Hospitals? Husband is on his way back to SA, and it would have been a bit of a tight squeeze if he had come with me, so we decided Mother Dearest would. She came in with me and watched the whole transfer (from my 'head' side, and not the other less attractive side) and we got to see the embryos on a screen before they were inserted. And she got to meet my wonderful Professor Shulman, twitch and all.

My "'love', 'courage', 'hope'" ring is permanently turned to the 'hope', and I really do feel hopeful. Too many signs over the course of the last 43 days to ignore, too many things that make me think that 'this' could be the one. After the transfer I had to sit in a 'lazyboy' type chair for about 10 minutes, my stomach felt like it had this warm glow to it, a special warm feeling.

Tommorrow I am staying in bed all day, no picking up children or anything heavy as well. At the moment I am having difficulty breathing for fear of them 'falling' out. So it is chill-out mode for me, which is really hard for someone like me.

So, all power to my three little ones!

HYDROSALPINX INFORMATION


"Q: In which cases does removal of the fallopian tubes improve the outcome?
A: In recent years, impressive evidence has shown that hydrosalpinx (swollen fallopian tubes, filled with fluid) can reduce chances of implantation. It seems that the reason for this is that the fluid in the fallopian tubes contains inflammatory products that leak into the abdominal cavity and damage the embryo trying to implant itself in the endometrium. In cases of recurrent failure of IVF therapy, the condition of the fallopian tubes should always be assessed using a hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound scan. If the state of the fallopian tubes is very poorly, and might affect the implantation of the embryos, the benefit of their removal should be considered. The removal of oneor both fallopian tubes is performed by laparoscopy, where a laparoscope (a fine telescope) is inserted through an umbilical incision."