Saturday, December 1

5 Little Possibilites

Day 43
Crinone (Progesterone) x 1

So they lasted the weekend! Well done little five embryo's! Keep growing, keep getting stronger, and then implant, implant, implant!

I have spent the last two days obsessing over their status. They may not be even visible to the naked eye, but to me they are my 5 little babies - so the thought of knowing that even one 'did not make it' is really hard.

My friend who is doing my acupuncture (I went to her again on Friday morning) also did acupressure and was actually visualising a healthy endometrium and thinking all these positive fertile thoughts while she was doing her massaging and 'pressing'. I tried to do the same every time 'they' came into my head. Maybe it worked, who knows, but I am slowly getting some confidence back about this cycle back.

I am running around with my Mother, and we are having the greatest time. We have lots of plans for this week, they may just not be that practical as I am going to have to chill just a bit after the Embryo Transfer. It is happening at 6.30 tommorrow evening.

Oh oh oh, and major news, WE CAUGHT THE MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My father in law had given me a rusted old mouse trap from 1922, he insisted that this would do the trick. And it did! We set it on Thursday evening before we went to bed, all of a sudden I hear this massive THWACK! and I knew. My mother and I walked out into the feilds next to our house today and let it free. It didn't go that smoothly, I thought I would just open the trap door and it would run straight out. It didn't, so I lent down and poked my head into the trap and saw it crouched at the back of the trap, I stood up and within a milisecond it sprinted out and did this whole running around in circles thing, over my shoes and over Noams shoes and then it vanished. It all happened so quickly I just couldn't keep track, I started freaking out because I just couldn't understood where it had gone, so I was frantically checking my pants and shoes. My mother was no help she was just laughing her head off.

So to end off, I send every ounce of love to my dear friend who had yet another let down. Please G-d it will happen next month.

HYDROSALPINX INFORMATION


"Q: In which cases does removal of the fallopian tubes improve the outcome?
A: In recent years, impressive evidence has shown that hydrosalpinx (swollen fallopian tubes, filled with fluid) can reduce chances of implantation. It seems that the reason for this is that the fluid in the fallopian tubes contains inflammatory products that leak into the abdominal cavity and damage the embryo trying to implant itself in the endometrium. In cases of recurrent failure of IVF therapy, the condition of the fallopian tubes should always be assessed using a hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound scan. If the state of the fallopian tubes is very poorly, and might affect the implantation of the embryos, the benefit of their removal should be considered. The removal of oneor both fallopian tubes is performed by laparoscopy, where a laparoscope (a fine telescope) is inserted through an umbilical incision."