Thursday, January 31

ET

The Embryo Transfer is scheduled for tommorrow morning, 8am, probrably 3 if they are of good enough quality. I will be all that wiser tommorrow. I spent most of today in bed again, very luxurious, but very crampy and throbby (is there such a word?). The crap part about my throbs is that I know that it is this Hydro-bloody-salpinx, the more it throbs the more I know that it is has to come out, and the more I know that it has to come out, the more I lose confidence in this cycle. I haven't done much book-reading, more like google-reading, they all say the same thing - basically it is not an impossiblity to fall pregnant and have a 'live birth'(sorry I know that sounds awful, it is medicalese)but it is STRONGLY advised to remove the tube/s with the Hydrosalpinx to improve your chances. There are no statistics on the net but Profman said that as it stands at the moment, I have a 20% chance, and without the wonky tube, it increases to 35%. Either way I will know in 13 days.

HYDROSALPINX INFORMATION


"Q: In which cases does removal of the fallopian tubes improve the outcome?
A: In recent years, impressive evidence has shown that hydrosalpinx (swollen fallopian tubes, filled with fluid) can reduce chances of implantation. It seems that the reason for this is that the fluid in the fallopian tubes contains inflammatory products that leak into the abdominal cavity and damage the embryo trying to implant itself in the endometrium. In cases of recurrent failure of IVF therapy, the condition of the fallopian tubes should always be assessed using a hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound scan. If the state of the fallopian tubes is very poorly, and might affect the implantation of the embryos, the benefit of their removal should be considered. The removal of oneor both fallopian tubes is performed by laparoscopy, where a laparoscope (a fine telescope) is inserted through an umbilical incision."