Tuesday, January 15

Here and Now

Still waiting for the elusive period. Come on already!

A thought in response to a comment from today that maybe G-d is actually saying 'No':
Well, I won't know unless I try and do everything possible in my limited human power to try and make 'it' work. This whole experience can't have been for nothing, there HAS to be a happy pregnancy-ending to my story. I can't just give up.

My heart is with my friend who will begin her journey in this wonderful and mind-boggling world of fertility treatments tommorrow.

Also, I had a thought this morning, ie to try and focus more on where I 'came from' and not so much where I 'am going'. 'Here and Now'.

I need sleep.

HYDROSALPINX INFORMATION


"Q: In which cases does removal of the fallopian tubes improve the outcome?
A: In recent years, impressive evidence has shown that hydrosalpinx (swollen fallopian tubes, filled with fluid) can reduce chances of implantation. It seems that the reason for this is that the fluid in the fallopian tubes contains inflammatory products that leak into the abdominal cavity and damage the embryo trying to implant itself in the endometrium. In cases of recurrent failure of IVF therapy, the condition of the fallopian tubes should always be assessed using a hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound scan. If the state of the fallopian tubes is very poorly, and might affect the implantation of the embryos, the benefit of their removal should be considered. The removal of oneor both fallopian tubes is performed by laparoscopy, where a laparoscope (a fine telescope) is inserted through an umbilical incision."